Monday, August 17, 2020

Bob Stegner to the Class of 2020

As a fellow inductee, I know how I felt when it happened for me. I was thinking, ‘Wow! IT Hall of Fame! [Bill] Gates. [Steve] Jobs. Vint Cerf, the inventor of the Internet. All of these famous people—and now me.’ And all I could think of was, ‘Gee, they really lowered the bar.’ In your case, you must be thinking the same thing Bob. But in reality, they haven’t lowered the bar. They’ve completely and totally eliminated the bar. There is no bar. You’ve blown up the bar. Just kidding, you deserve it.”

Peter Larocque, president of North America Technology Solutions, at SYNNEX and Stenger’s current boss said no one is more deserving of IT Hall of Fame induction. “Your hard work, loyalty, commitment to our customers, suppliers, associates, is second to none. All your friends at SYNNEX are proud of you,” he said.

Kevin Murai, chairman and former CEO at SYNNEX, summed up Stegner’s reputation best. “Bob knows everybody in the channel, and everybody knows Bob. He’s definitely been an icon in the channel. I’m glad that Bob was part of my team,” Murai said. “He’s a good husband to Sue and he’s raised three terrific children in Caroline, Andy and Matt.”

Finally, Stegner said if he’s learned anything about SMBs and business through the years, it’s that people like to deal with people. In the middle of a pandemic, that’s a little hard. But SMBs being SMBs, they’ve found a way to adapt.

“They’ve had to reinvent, basically rebuilding their businesses trying to support not only their staff but their end users. They’ve had to learn new technologies so that people could work from home. They not only figure out how to keep the staff but also to continue to support their customers,” Stegner said during his acceptance speech. “Which brings me to my passion for SMBs. They’re entrepreneurs at heart. They focus on customers and go above and beyond for them. They stay focused in good times and bad. So, for all the SMB resellers that I’ve met out there over the past 30 years, I accept this award in your honor. Thank you.”

 

More Info: a+ jobs near me

No comments:

Post a Comment