Tuesday, March 17, 2020

CompTIA’s Technology Small Businesses.

Study after study shows that diverse workplaces are highly impactful, driving productivity and profitability throughout the organization, according to CompTIA’s Diversity and Inclusion Plan for Technology Small Businesses.

According to the guide, which was released by CompTIA’s Advancing Diversity in Technology Community, “It’s clear that leaders who prioritize more diverse and inclusive workforces elevate the effectiveness of their businesses, the satisfaction of employees and their overall success.” The guide includes three important pieces for diversity and inclusion: Planning, acquisition and retention, and outlines the importance of inclusive cultures.
Aaron Woods

Customer success executive at CEX Services, Portland, Ore.

My original entry in Information Technology was attending an eight-week weekend class on programming at Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech) during my junior year of high school. I heard about this training through my godbrother, who I consider my mentor. He encouraged me to attend the training and then consider a career in the computer industry, which was mostly software-related at that time. I did not immediately after high school take this route but did return to pursue a career in hardware service when I entered the military. We’ve kept in touch over the years and he always asked how my career in the ‘computer industry’ was going.

I’ve always had a desire to see more young African Americans, Latinos and other people of color have an IT career. My commitment comes from knowing how difficult it was for me to gain entry into the field. I speak at forums that support getting young people of color into IT careers. While there are many resources available today that make this task easier, getting on the right path is not always clear. The objective of my mentorship is to provide direct information to help young people looking at a career in IT know where to get started. The resources provided by CompTIA makes this easier. I point them to the CompTIA Core Certifications Pathway as a foundational start in an IT career.


More Info: jobs you can get with a+ certification

No comments:

Post a Comment