Thursday, March 12, 2020

Passing the comptia A+ Exams

First of all, I already had a lot of experience. I earned my 800 series A+ previously and only 25% of the content was new. Also, I use several versions of Linux regularly and was already comfortable with both normal and administrative tasks.

Furthermore, I use Windows 7 as a “daily driver” on my desktop and always play around in virtual machines with Linux, Windows 8, and other operating systems.

Leading up to this exam, I worried about one topic – Mac OS X. I don’t have access to it nor the cash to buy an expensive PC for practice. None of my friends have Macs either. My best course of action was to study the Mac section of the GTS Learning Book and watch a couple videos on YouTube introducing users to the OS X interface.

I found one question related to Macs and it related back to Linux. They asked for the equivalent of Windows stop error. I clicked Kernel Panic and move on.

Although the 900 series includes Mac OS X and Linux, it is still heavily weighted towards Microsoft, particularly Windows Vista and 7. Focus on these operating systems and Windows 8. If you never messed with Linux before, use Ubuntu to gain familiarity.

What about for people with little to no experience? With serious dedication, you can do the same. I did the vast majority of my studying over three days. I had work, three classes, homework for those classes, still had to make time for my social life, and time for myself to avoid burn out. If you have the ability to devote an entire week to studying, you can pass both exams in six days.

 More Info: comptia a+ description

No comments:

Post a Comment