Friday, July 17, 2020

More Control of Your Routine

Taking an exam in the same environment where I did all my studying made it just a little bit easier. Again, testing centers are great, but they aren't home. They aren't familiar.

At a testing center, I'm using someone else's keyboard, mouse and monitor. At home, in my office, I'm using my RGB keyboard with my ultra widescreen monitor and my sick lighting. I never realized how much my environment would influence my mindset as I approached this exam.

Distractions are another factor I hadn't considered. At home, in my office, it's just me. At a testing center, you might be trying to plug into the matrix, about to answer a very complex question, and then get interrupted by a few coughs or a sneeze. I've even had to deal with someone snoring.

Most people have a pre-exam routine; it's crucial! Putting yourself in a good mental state often determines whether or not you pass.

My routine was watching one of my favorite movies, The Hobbit. But I have a problem. Even though watching this movie would put me in a good state of mind and I'd be relaxed, it was usually all undone by the time I made it to the testing center. You see, by the time I'd dealt with traffic and trying to find the testing center, my mind was a mess.
More Info: computech a+ certification

No comments:

Post a Comment