Friday, May 22, 2020

IT Certification Questions to Ask

Does this IT certification align with my career goals?

I’ve spoken with hundreds, if not thousands, of people via YouTube, and it always burdens me to hear someone chasing certifications that do not align with their career goals. Certifications require time, money and energy, and none of those should ever be wasted. CompTIA’s IT Certification Roadmap can help you map out a plan to get your career exactly where you want to be.
3. Will this IT certification improve my skills?

Let’s be honest. Some certification exams are a bunch of memorization questions. Once the exam is out of the way, so is the information we obtained. CompTIA performance certifications require you to not only answer questions, but to also demonstrate your skills through performance-based questions, allowing you to prove you can do the work, not just memorize facts.

To me if it’s not something that will improve my skills, knowledge and resume, I will not waste my time on it. I would rather have one valuable certification that proves my skills rather than 10 certifications that I earned and then forgot about.
4. What value will this IT certification add to my resume?

In order to get pass automated HR filters, you need to have certs, skills or both. If you don’t have the skills, then checking the box for CompTIA A+, CCNA or whatever IT certifications you have will really help you move on to the next phase of the interview process. Speaking of automation, learning Python, PowerShell or Ansible will put you at the front of the interview pack in 2019.
5. Does this skill relate to my current job?

In my career, it has always been easier to prepare for a certification that covers technology that I am working with. When I’m labbing eight hours a day on the job, it means less time labbing at home and more time reading and studying notecards.
More Info: comptia a+ careers

No comments:

Post a Comment