Monday, May 4, 2020

Things to Know About CompTIA PenTest+

I gave you the exam description before:
There’s 85 questions on the exam, maximum.
It’s performance-based and multiple-choice questions.
The length of the test is going to be 165 minutes.
You need a passing score of 750.
It’s $349 USD for this exam.
Usually after three years, the exam retires.

They recommend that you have a minimum of three or four years hands-on experience for this certification.

It does say that it’s an intermediate certification, rather than the core skills, which I guess they’re saying that the Security+ is going to be the entry-level certification. Then intermediate’s going to be the PenTest+ and the CySA+, and then the advanced is going to be the CASP+.

CompTIA is really trying to map this out, and that’s good. It gives you a clear path, and I also talk about the certification roadmap. I’m sure they’re going to update that and add this to it, so be on the lookout for that from CompTIA. So sign up for the newsletter so you can have that. I always talk about looking at that roadmap because it not only has CompTIA’s certifications on there, but it has other organizations also, which is awesome.
What Jobs Can I Get with CompTIA PenTest+?

So some of the job titles you can have with this PenTest+ certification is going to be:
Penetration tester
Vulnerability tester
Security analyst
Vulnerability assessment analyst
Network security operations

I hopped on Indeed and I looked for some jobs all across America, so here are some jobs that are currently out there for the PenTest+. This looks pretty cool. PenTest capture the flag cyberstudy, and it’s $100, $160 an hour. That looks pretty cool.

More Info: a+ certification jobs near me

No comments:

Post a Comment